Hey all. It is day four and so far so good. I have switched to an organic diet to try and make the transition a little smoother. No ununatural sugars, not meat not too much dairy. NOTHING proccessed. It has kinda sucked in terms of what I LIKE but good in terms of my bulimia. WARNING I AM DISCUSSING SPECIFIC FOODS. For Breakfast I had yogurt and high fiber cereal and coffee. Snack was a banana Lunch was Miso Soup w/ Tofu and a salad (no dressing sigh- but lime juice) For a snack I had gluten, dairy and sugar free bread and for supper I plan on having a stir fry using zuchini, brown rice, brocolli, tomato and a FEW hot peppers. For taste I will add olive oil and paprika. I have been drinking water and peppermint tea ALL Day. Peppermint tea has been just great for my stomach. For snacks I am thinking a few ricecakes and honey w/ maybe some peanut butter. Any suggestions of thoughts?

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Honestly? My thoughts are that this diet seems a little restricted. I know it feels easier but is it maybe because you consider these foods safe? I thing this is a fine way to eat sometimes, but allow yourself some of your favorite foods on occasion so you don't feel deprived. Maybe ice cream for a snack later?
    Anonymous said...
    How's it going, Sole?
    being the change said...
    how has this been going for you?

    i am far from figuring out what helps prevent the binge-urges from coming and going, but i have DEFINITELY noticed a difference when i limit my refined sugar intake. there's a HUGE difference!

    i see what anonymous is saying about restriction, but at the same time, if you're eating enough calories, and you're making good choices, AND it's not driving you nuts to do so, there are plenty of "indulgent" foods that you can snack on...YOU know what your trigger foods are better than anyone, but some that work for me are: fresh fruit and veggies (i find orange peppers are super yummy to snack on), there's all kinds of gluten-free rice cake snacks around (and i find that putting things in individual baggies helps a bunch).

    good luck, sole. it's not easy, but your efforts can only lead to a better place, don't you think?!

Post a Comment