So...I went to the Dr. and she sent me for an EKG (ECG) and some blood work. She didn't seem too worked up about it as she pointed out that if I was having heart problems (serious ones) I would be passing out-which I never have. She told me I was doing everything right and to hang in there. HOWEVER....the EKG/blood work was a totally traumatic, albeit slightly funny, experience. In Toronto when you are perscribed a test you take a form to one of the many many many labs around here and they adminster it on the spot. So I leave the university, get on the bus and go to this lab in this industrialized area of town. I walk in, hand the woman my sheet and she ushers me into her backroom. She draws my blood - no biggies- barking orders at me. I feel the need to point out at this juncture that our first languages were not the same and therefore there was SERIOUS communication issues. More importantly she was SUPER SUPER RUDE. She takes me into the EKG room and makes me take off my bra and shirt. She starts sticking all of those round things...I assume they are transmitters- all over my body and by this point I am having a full on anxiety attack. My heart is pounding and she is screaming at me to relax. Helpful no? I try to tell her that I really need a minute to collect myself and she screams at me NOT TO TALK and to RELAX. Needless to say it didn't go well. My BPM was 115 and it is usually about 65. I hope I don't have to go back...........I can't do that again. It was sooooo fucking scary. I hope they can take that into account when they read it. I hope my Dr. just says- YOU ARE FINE!!!!! Regardless I am VERY proud of myself for going and taking care of this. I had these tests on Thursday and have heard nothing----this is a good sign and I will go back in 2 weeks to see her again. Wish me luck

2 Comments:

  1. PTC said...
    She sounds like a lovely person!! Ugh!
    Feisty Frida said...
    Wow, I've been out of the loop! Only got your FB message a few days ago. Sorry. I wish I'd been here for you. Now, the no purging, I hope you're still in that good place. I'm here now, day 4, and feel so good about it. Why do we do what we do???
    Let us know what your Dr says. Scary, and the chick taking your EKG sounds like a total douche-bag twat.
    Love you
    Frida
    xoxo

Post a Comment