update

So it has been a long friggin time since I have posted. I checked on all y’all quite often, but I haven’t had it in me to post. Things in Toronto have been going really well. I am volunteering at the R@pe Crisis C3ntre here and I started a new job two weeks ago. I am working as a Tenant Outreach and Support Worker for a community centre here for adults with mental health issues and/or intellectual disabilities. The work is challenging, the money is good and they are keeping me up until school starts with the option of staying on part time in the fall. To be honest I would like to stay on part time but I think it will be too much. I need to $$ though. This city is freakin expensive and I haven’t gotten a pay cheque since May. But there is one coming soon thank GOD! Eating wise things have been so-so. I lost a bit of weight when I got here and I have put some, but not all back on. I HATE that, but I know I need to be kinder to myself as I am dealing with a lot of life changes. I am biking to work and gyming like 4 times a week which is good. I just need to keep it up. On a wonderful note Greg got hired back for his articles for next year! This is really really good news for us as it means he will be back as soon as we get married! And he doesn’t have to try to find a new job. YEAH! Also he came in the top ten of his class this year (for the second year in a row). I am very proud! Greg’s parents are coming to visit in like 2 weeks. Should be good/interesting. More on this later. So much to say, but too much to say you know? Happy Canada Day tomorrow y’all!

1 Comment:

  1. PTC said...
    sounds like things are going well, Sole. glad you updated!

Post a Comment